Thursday, September 4, 2008

ARTIST SPOTLIGHT: Mz. SKITTLEZ

So this weeks Artist Spotlight we caught up with my girl Mz. Skittlez...She's a grinder and a talented women with a lot of personality!!! Mz. Skittlez is an very deep artist and person and we were thrilled to get a chance to sit down and chat with her...If you don't know who she is see who's got the "Buckeye State" in a frenzy

1. For all of the people that don't know, let them know who Mz. Skittlez is…
Mz. Skittlez is unique a hype version of the average female. I am a full time student and entertainer. I am in class in the morning, at an autograph signing by night and on tour on the weekends! Lol! I am a futuristic type of girl wearing whatever "I Like" even though my management "Hates it!" I'm determined not to stop no matter what obstacle I have to go through! I am the new female phenom of music and number one female artist from Cleveland, Ohio currently! If you dont believe me just google my name Mz Skittlez, and see first hand.
2. Looking at your music and your approach to the game, how do you feel about the Midwest movement in Hip Hop?
I love it and I support it to the fullest. I feel like I'm doing things that million of female artist in everywhere would love to do! As an independent artist I have been on tour with numerous major artist, BET Spring Bling, won many awards, and most of all I am constantly giving back to my community! The Midwest movement which at one time we called the "Cap Movement" is going to expand slowly but surely! We all are destined for success! It is very hard but I put on for my city, and I also stand behind artist such as chip, fat al, pooh gutta and many others that are doing their thang! (smiles) This industry is hungry for this new movement.
3. With the disparity of women influence in Hip Hop, who do you use as inspiration to make music?
And how do you feel you "fit in" within the Music Industry?? My family and women that don't have the opportunity to voice their opinions! My family because I have lost very important people that were extremely close to me but every day I wake up knowing that they are behind me pushing me to go on! In my short life time I have lost close friends and family, including my best friend and sister. They make realize life is too short to stop! Females because all my songs are basically about life through a females perspective of course lol! But many females can't voice their opinions or rage about certain things. So it is my job to do it for them! Music is a universal language! As far as fitting in the music industry I believe that I am making my own path into this industry with my unique dare to be different style. This music industry is hard enough to make it in too, and a thousand times hard if your a female artist.
4.I know you've been putting in work and grinding shows….What's a typical week like for Mz. Skittlez?
WOW!! I don't think we have enough time, just kidding! I go to class, study because education is first and then on a weekly average I do about 4 shows, 3 appearances or autograph signing, 3 radio station interviews or call ins, and squeezing in the studio. Im also between time checking my myspace www.myspace/lilskittlesclevelandsfinest and facebook, Calling my fans back on my hotline 216-503-6830. And settling arguments between my designers and management about upcoming outfits for shows and tours Lol! Trust me I don't know how I do it! But I do have a strong management team to help and support me along the way.
5.So last but not least, What can people expect from Mz. Skittlez in the future as far as upcoming shows, collabs, tours etc?….And how can people contact you?
Well you can expect a lot of new stuff far as versatility! I'm slightly changing my style but at the same time keeping it me! Collabs.. uhh I cant tell you it's a surprise you must pick up the new Mixtape "Swag School" dropping soon! Make sure you check my MySpace for all my show info again www.myspace/lilskittlesclevelandsfinest! And you can always call me on my hot line 216-503-6830! Ill be coming to a city near you just turn on your radio! For booking call my management Amanda 440-429-5546 or 216-695-1108! Oh don't forget Ohio Hip Hop Awards.com! I'm nominated as *Best Female Artist *Best Live Performance and *Viewers Choice Award * go vote please! TEXT (RNG3713) to (872262) to vote and get my ring tone "Calling Me" GO VOTE MAKE YOUR VOTE COUNT ALL AGES WELCOME... Don't forget I LOVE ALL MY FANS AND SUPPORTERS! On behalf of myself and Skittlez we would like to thank you for having a interest in Mz Skittlez musical career. And for most for this interview.. Please keep supporting Ohio's Number One Female Artist, MZ SKITTLEZ.

Check Out "Complicated" by Mz. Skittlez

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MZ SKITTLEZ IS DOING HER THANG OUT HERE.. I LOVE HER... SHE IS PUTTIN ON!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE SITE.. AND FINALLY SOMEBODY SAYING SOMETHING ABOUT THIS LIL MAMA.. CUZ SHE DEFINATELY DOING HER THANG OUT HERE,... GO HEAD GIRL!